Taking proper care of your guard contributes to its longevity and also promotes your own dental hygiene. Follow these four steps in caring for your guard:
- Upon removing from your mouth, always rinse your night guard immediately with warm water. This will remove any debris and loosen any plaque that built up during wear.
- Lightly brush your night guard daily with a normal toothbrush. Toothpaste is not required or recommended as it may scratch your night guard and cause it to wear out more quickly.
- Always let your night guard dry completely. Do not store a wet night guard in a closed container. enCore’s night guards come with a ventilated case, which should help when traveling.
- Deep clean your night guard every couple weeks. Your enCore night guard will come with a small supply of cleaning tablets. Simply place the tab inside a bowl or glass of warm water and submerge your night guard completely in the solution for 3-5 minutes. Make sure to rinse and wash your night guard thoroughly afterwards and allow the night guard to dry. Additional tablets can be purchased from enCore Laboratory or from your local pharmacy/drug store.
- Use any alcohol-based solutions on your guard
- Boil your night guard - the high water temperature will distort and/or damage your night guard
- Store a wet night guard in a closed container